If you have an image or photograph that you are considering for your award, please refer to the following instructions.
Camera ready refers to art and copies that are ready to be scanned without being retouched. This includes art that has to be retraced, redrawn, or reworked on the computer or by an artist.
Camera ready artwork should meet the following specifications:
- Image(s) in black and white format on a clean white background
- High resolution sized to the image area
- Requires no touch-ups/corrections
- Colour separated (if required)
- Sharp, crisp, clear lines printed with a high-quality printer on glossy, graphics paper (not copy paper)
The artwork may be in various formats:
- Film positives
- Photo static output
- Digital format
Camera ready artwork is not:
- Pen or pencil sketches
- Component artwork that needs adjustment, resizing, or repositioning
- Photocopies, faxes, forms, sample labels or business cards
- Images with tape, staples, etc.
- Images with dirty or smudged backgrounds
- Continuous tone images like black and white and colour photographs
- Low resolution paper outputs
Note: You may use a low-resolution paper output; however we cannot guarantee the quality of the output.
You may send your images via:
- Email or Mass storage media (CD, DVD, USB key or similar media) by courier (ie Canada Post, Federal Express, etc.)
The following are acceptable formats:
- Adobe Illustrator (.AI or .EPS extension) *Preferred
- Acceptable but not preferred:
- Adobe PDF (.PDF)
- Joint Photographic Experts Group (.JPEG) – Minimum of 300 dpi (dots per inch)
- Portable Network Graphic (.PNG)
- Tagged Image File Format (.TIFF)
We advise that you send your image in a vector based format (.AI or .EPS). But if that is not possible and have to send it in a raster based format (.JPEG, .PNG etc.), please be sure to save the image in a high resolution (minimum of 300 dpi). Vectors are able to be freely resized without any distortion whereas raster will be distorted when resized.
The following illustrates the difference between enlarging vector and raster based images:
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to Contact Us.
At Hoult-Hellewell, it is with great pride that our employees, with almost 50 years of combined experience in classic trophies & sports awards provides exactly what our customers' ask of us. We have the largest selection of plaques, trophies and awards in Canada, where we offer services like laser and computer engraving, silk screening & award designing. Also offer awards like, art glass and crystal awards, eco-friendly, acrylic trophies, government and corporate awards.